Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Mother's Day Flowers

Posted by PicasaI hope everyone had a wonderful mothers day! A couple of you asked about the flowers that the children made.......they painted coffee filters and then we put them together with a dot of hot glue so we could form them. I didn't haven't any tissue paper so I thought coffee filters might work well. My thought was to build them and then turn them upside down and dip into food coloring.....hoping the coloring would seep up into the flower. Well then I had NO food coloring so I thought maybe the kids could paint them with water colors........they had so much fun doing it this way! I was running out of time to dry them so I then threw them in the DRYER.........ha ha it worked really well and I think the flowers turned out so unique becuase of each child's painting style! Take a look at the picture and see how different they all were......I thought the bouquet was beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment